msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] intro--soundness

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: KKMoonshadowrnch@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] intro--soundness
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 01:10:12 EDT

In a message dated 8/26/2005 9:11:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ilichten1@verizon.net writes:

Sounds like they don't like horses out there

In Competitive Mounted Orienteering (CMO) there is no vet check.
Unfortunately, because they determine who wins by whoever finds the most
amount of
checkpoints in the fastest time, it ends up often becoming a horse race in
the
long run. They don't have any veterinary controls and I don't think they
really want to add that cost. Biggest splints I ever saw were at my first
CMO I
ever went to. Wasn't real impressed with the horsemanship or sportsmanship
personally. But just my opinion. I have a friend who just loves them. Not
really my cup of tea.

Kathy & Nick
Moonshadow Ranch
McKenna, WA

  • Re: [MSAR] intro--soundness, KKMoonshadowrnch, 08/27/2005