msar-riders - [MSAR] Re: Leadership problems

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Re: Leadership problems
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 13:55:37 -0600

Artstone@aol.com wrote:
>this problem of power/dictatorship/disrespect seems rampant
>and these stories exist sooo very often.
>
>I found organizing and starting a new team was the answer.
[...]

Although this text implies that Artstone left her former
unit due to "problems of power/dictatorship/disrespect" in
that unit, I know it was not her intent. From all parties
I heard the same story: her former unit is primarily a
technical rescue squad, and Artstone's personal expansion
first into MSAR and then into K9 went far enough outside
the unit's SAR specialty that the board felt it detracted
from focus on that specialty. The former unit continues
to field an MSAR team, but no K9 team.