msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Training question

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Training question
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:24:43 -0700

Are all personnel tuned up on fundamental SAR-related training?
ICS, lost person behavior, clue awareness and preservation, basic mantracking, litter packaging, etc.

If you need to stay with mounted-related classes ...
Helicopter Ops and MSAR, water safety & risk assessment, mounted tracking, mounted clue detection, mounted transport & evacuation, night SAR issues, MSAR and SAR Dogs, etc.

Jorene

--- LAURI STRUVE <lauris10@earthlink.net> wrote:
Hey, All, I need a little help! We're adding some
additional mounted classes to our Seminar next week
(www.obsar.org ) and I am a little stumped for what
to do Here's what we have so far: Search Ready
Horse Certification, compass/gps navigation and Topo
maps, grid search, and a two stage mock search.
Any suggestions?