msar-riders - [MSAR] Minimum web presence for $0

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Minimum web presence for $0
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:56:50 -0600

Al Hale wrote:
>No we do not have a web yet. Way out of our treasurer's reach.

It doesn't cost much to have a minimum web presence. Cost of a
blurb in the MSAR-Riders web archive is $0! Just post a unit
"bio" with location, resources available, postal address, and a
contact e-mail address or telephone number.

>It appears there are about 2 other units in Mo.

There are 3 other mounted SAR units in Missouri, listed on
http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/units/, and I know there are others
but AFAIK they lack web pages.

>I am joining the SARCOM, search and rescue council of Missouri.

The Search and Rescue Council of Missouri has a web site, I see:
http://www.sarcom.org/ . How about asking them to keep a basic
contact webpage for each member unit?

>How many active members do you have in your unit?

Active members: 15. Active members available for SAR today: at
most 4 or 5. We have had a brutal couple of years: horses died,
riders relocated, riders had major surgery, local economy tanked.
This last is probably the most important factor. And there are
at least 20 other SAR units within 60 miles of us, so competition
for new recruits is fierce!

Una
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse