msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Introduction / Team Profile

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Introduction / Team Profile
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:24:47 -0800

I suspect many of us would like to see a copy of the MSAR SOG and any information regarding Technical Large Animal Rescue training. Perhaps Richard can provide online links to more information?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare SAR - Hasty Team ICP Team
www.ceoates.com/sar
Tulare-Kings CERT
www.tk-cert.org

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Fleming" <pfleming@nwlink.com>
Would it be possible to get a copy of your Large Animal Rescue SOP or what
ever training criteria you use. Our county is talking about trying to put
something together like that. They call us all the time, but we don't have
much to offer in the way of rescue expertise.

Paul Fleming
PMSAR
pfleming@nwlink.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Judd" <rjudd@intertech-usa.com>
This unit was created 3-4 years ago and has evolved from a group of horse
enthusiasts willing to perform searches to a more professional and
structured unit. We now have a comprehensive set of Standard Operating
Guidelines and certifications/qualifications for members and horses. [...]
There is a sub-group of members that have become trained and certified in
Technical Large Animal Emergency Rescue. We have equipped and trained this
unit for incidents such how to safely prepare for and approach large
animal
incidents such as overturned and wrecked trailers or livestock haulers,
large animals loose on the road, large animals stuck in mud or ravines,
and
incidents where people might be trapped with the animal.
[...]
Richard Judd
Squad Leader - Mounted Search & Rescue Team
Squad Leader - Technical Large Animal Emergency Rescue Team
http://www.efpd.org