msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Hello from Spain and a cuestion.

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Hello from Spain and a cuestion.
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:37:27 -0700

Welcome, Carlos!

carlos velasco wrote:
>I am trying to make an mounted search voluntier association
>here,

You have plenty of company here; many other subscribers
here are involved with young teams. Perhaps now would be
a good time for a round of introductions?

By the way, what is the name for search and rescue in Spain?

> and I would like to
>know if you have any kind of training game or
>activitie for the riders in order to get used serching
>and rescuing people in the woods.

A popular activity is a pretend or "mock" search, where
the subject is not really lost or injured. Another is
"orienteering" or navigating using a map and compass to
find objects; this is very popular in Europe.

Some books and other resources you may find helpful are
listed on the MSAR website's main page:
http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/

Hope this helps,