msar-riders - [MSAR] response to Lyne Peterson regarding Mounting Patrol Testing Question

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Mary" <mhawes@mlecmn.net>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] response to Lyne Peterson regarding Mounting Patrol Testing Question
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:45:02 -0600

When clues, tracks, etc are found during a search, volunteer members are NOT
to disturb the evidence so why would the mounting/dismounting issue come to
play here?!? If we find any evidence, we are expected to call for assistance
via radios carried during searches. If an injured person is found, that
would be a different situation...obviously I would get off my horse to assist
an injured person no matter how much trouble I would have getting back on!!
Mary Hawes