msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Re: mounted patrol testing question

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Paul Fleming" <pfleming@nwlink.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Re: mounted patrol testing question
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:28:28 -0800

Jorene,

"From the ground" was the operative phrase in my question. Of course we
demonstrate the horse will allow mounting and dismounting from both sides. I
was just questioining the from the ground unassisted as part of an
individual's qualification. From your answer "Mount/Dismount on both sides,
from the ground, unassisted, is considered by many to be a safety issue for
both horse and rider." I conclude the answer to my question is yes, it is
required. Next time I will try to ask my question a little more succinetly.

Regards
Paul