msar-riders - RE: [MSAR] Consistency in MSAR / horse sense

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "susan anielski" <sanielski@earthlink.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [MSAR] Consistency in MSAR / horse sense
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 14:24:56 -0500

Hello,
The keystone of consistency within any training goal is to define the end
result. Why not start with a "wish list" so to speak from each person
involved of exactly what would be the standard of perfection for them. Once
that list is compiled into one - we can pick out what is similar and start
with that and then refine it as we go along. There's where the consistency
in training and performance would start. With each set of variables after
that comes levels and designations of specialties. Within dog training as
with anything else there isn't one way to train each dog. The dog is
trained toward only one goal - the standards set and then used to judge the
outcome.

FEMA