msar-riders - [MSAR] HAM test

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: lmabry@zianet.com
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] HAM test
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:23:16 -0600

If anyone is interested in taking the HAM test, there is a Hamfest in Socorro,NM on Oct 30 and they will have a testing at noon. It is at the Fire Academy - I do have a map I can send to individuals, the list would not let me send the attachment.
Here are some links that will help you get ready.
http://telemetry.nmsu.edu/~shoran/radio.htm (download manuals)
www.qrz.com (take online tests)
Both Charlie and I took the tests online for 2 weeks (Charlie one week but he's alot smarter than me ) and then took the test.
Good luck - feel free to call or email if you have questions. We are planning on going to the Hamfest with my parents (my dad is a long-time HAM)
take care all....
Lydia and Charlie
KD5VXI and K9AQH

Lydia Mabry