msar-riders - [MSAR] Big Bear Search

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@bbv.net
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Big Bear Search
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 21:53:35 -0700

Does anyone on here have team members in our area on this search? I'd
like to meet you/them if you are. Our team members have been out
everyday. I was out there for three days and then had to return to work
today. It's grueling country. The horses have been good but we've really
worked them hard. The dogs were really beat as of yesterday too. I think
they gave them last night off to try and recoup. They haven't had as
large a turn out of mounted riders as usual although I heard today that
a group came in for the week. Most of hte other mounted teams have been
here for a day or two at the most. I don't know how long they are
planning on running the search. With the discovery of what is possibly a
good print yesterday the search is refocused. There is a LOT of wild
area interspersed with dirt roads here that is making it difficult to
cover all possibilities.

I'll fill everyone in more when I get the chance.

Take care,
Chris Pennington
Big Bear Sheriff's Posse
MSAR