msar-riders - [MSAR] MSAR proposal

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Sue Baugher <sue@wpl.lib.in.us>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] MSAR proposal
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 09:28:57 -0500

Jim,
If at all possible could I also get a copy of your proposal? We are a fairly new group and have mostly done crowd control and public appearances. As we are becoming more visible other departments in the area have started to call on us for assistance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Susan Baugher
Mounted Posse
c/o Porter County Sheriff's Dept.
2755 State Road 49
Valparaiso, Indiana 46383

Jim Green c/o MSAR Maintainer wrote:

Jim Green, muleequestrian at yahoo com, wrote:

Phil, Another good start would be to look at NASAR's website. There is a book put out by Kathy Roberts ( actually 2 ) about how to start your own MSAR team. I contacted her by phone to get permission to use her books as a training manual of sorts. Our MSAR team is through Civil Air Patrol in NC. The books are an excellent starting point. They cover a lot, even uniforms and a name for your organization. As for a proposal, I can send you a copy of the one I put together if you can e-mail me your snail mail address. The proposal is what I used to get approval to utilize MSAR in CAP. There's a lot of info that I got help with from a unit in Oklahoma. Jim