msar-riders - [MSAR] FW: very interested

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Jim Green c/o MSAR Maintainer <msar@ibiblio.org>
  • To: MSAR Riders <MSAR-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [MSAR] FW: very interested
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 09:45:54 -0400

Jim Green, muleequestrian at yahoo com, wrote:

Phil,
Another good start would be to look at NASAR's website. There is a book put
out by Kathy Roberts ( actually 2 ) about how to start your own MSAR team. I
contacted her by phone to get permission to use her books as a training
manual of sorts. Our MSAR team is through Civil Air Patrol in NC. The books
are an excellent starting point. They cover a lot, even uniforms and a name
for your organization. As for a proposal, I can send you a copy of the one I
put together if you can e-mail me your snail mail address. The proposal is
what I used to get approval to utilize MSAR in CAP. There's a lot of info
that I got help with from a unit in Oklahoma. Jim

  • [MSAR] FW: very interested, Jim Green c/o MSAR Maintainer, 07/07/2004