msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Re: MSAR-Riders Digest, Vol 17, Issue 3

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Mike Dillard" <DILLARDM@mustang.k12.ok.us>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Re: MSAR-Riders Digest, Vol 17, Issue 3
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 08:47:41 -0500

Jorene,

Saw your article in SAR Tech magazine. Good job. Let me know if you
need anything more regarding the standardization program. Im anxious to
get started on the NASAR Cert. for my Mounted CAP unit. Ive got a start
on several more CAP Mounted units throughout the country. Hopefully, we
all can get standardized together, doing it all the same way. This will
be wonderful for IC's.

Ill be off-line for the summer. If you need to contact me for any
committee info, my home # is 405-376-9346.

Have a good summer,

Semper Vigilans,

Mike Dillard, Capt., CAP
OK113 KnightRiders, Cdr.

>>> Jorene@CEOates.com 06/06/04 09:24PM >>>
Some clarification - you can "test" for any level of MSAR at any time,
you just can't get "certified" in MSAR until you also have your Ground
SAR certification.

For example, teams could use the MSAR II level of testing - even if
that person isn't done with their Ground SAR training yet - before that
new rider is considered ready for any field training, or perhaps
participating in call-outs under supervision.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co, CA
SAR, MSAR, Swiftwater Rescue, US&R,