msar-riders - [MSAR] Re: MSAR-Riders Digest, Vol 17, Issue 3

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: amy rucker <mountedposse911@yahoo.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Re: MSAR-Riders Digest, Vol 17, Issue 3
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 10:54:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mary,

Your training sounds like it was a success.  and alot of fun to boot!
We also have a training similar to this one each year which we call our "Mount Certification", lights, sirens, and alot of the things you mentioned as well, our horses have desensitized pretty well to these things.  Someday I would like to get a helicopter to join us for a training so we can desensitize them to that as well.  We just completed our first Night Ops training, We really enjoyed the night riding.    I have been working a little with NASAR on the Mounted SAR Standards for them, alot of these things we train on are going to be part of the certification for NASAR.  And it looks like we have to be SAR TECH II before we can even test for the MOUNTED.

Amy Coey
Mounted Posse Search & Rescue
Chillicothe, OH

Do you Yahoo!?