msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Baby announcement

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Baby announcement
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 23:17:56 -0800

Had to chuckle at boots and spurs. Sounds familiar. ;)

My daughter's outdoor wedding included bride and groom arriving horseback, with father of the bride riding behind with an antique shotgun over his arm. (When's the last time you attended a wedding where the crowd roared with laughter and applause? <g>) Salute by the local Mounted Drill Team. Our horse trainer one of the bridesmaids. Horseshoe shaped cakes with a little backcountry pack train traveling from tier to tier. Gold painted and decorated recycled horseshoes for table decorations. About 50 of the guests were Posse. Another 20 Mounted Drill Team. A bunch from Backcountry Horsemen. Our farrier and vet. Lots of cowboy hats there. ;)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co, CA
SAR, MSAR, Swiftwater Rescue, US&R,