msar-riders - [MSAR] Night Lights

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: TrooperWC@netscape.net (Warren (Trooper) Craig)
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Night Lights
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 10:39:22 -0500

I have to agree with Billie that your horse's vision is far superior, and any
non-coated lights will disrupt his vision and perception so that his signals
will be mixed. I would definitely urge the use of filters of either blue or
red which do not disrupt night vision of the human or horse's eyes. Both
colors are used extensively by military and law enforcement to prevent either
night-blindness or diminished night vision.

--
Warren (Trooper) Craig
email: trooperwc@netscape.net

  • [MSAR] Night Lights, Warren (Trooper) Craig, 03/03/2004