msar-riders - [MSAR] Uses for MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Thomas and Christy Matthews" <tcmatthews0113@msn.com>
  • To: "mounted sar list" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Uses for MSAR
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:48:30 -0600

We have used our MSAR to take ropes and med supplies across a swift water
river, much safer than trying to wade across even in shallow water.

We are also developing a pre plan for walk aways from our nursing homes. One
home is just several hundred yards from a river that has several islands. At
most times of the year except the spring snow melt these islands can be
reached by dry river bed or wading thro shallow ponds. These islands will be
designated a MSAR search area. Again because of the safety reasons.

We are looking for more ways to use our MSAR teams too. So I'll be
interested in what gets posted on the subject.

Thanks,
Christy
Stillwater Co. MT. SAR

  • [MSAR] Uses for MSAR, Thomas and Christy Matthews, 09/29/2003