msar-riders - [MSAR] Horse Theft Alert

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@bbv.net
  • To: msar <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Horse Theft Alert
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 19:20:31 -0700

Here's some info that some of you might be interested in. Thankfully
this attempt was foiled but it gives a good description of the vehicle
and perps so we can all be on the lookout for them.

Chris Pennington
Big Bear Sheriff's Posse MSAR

> << ALERTS
> HORSE STEALING ATTEMPTED
>
> Folks, Our Central Region Vice President, Betty Jones ,
Oneida County, is the latest victim to have attempts made
to steal her horses.

> Her fences were cut in the middle and wires folded back to each
> connecting post and halters/lead ropes were found in the pasture.
> Noise/farm lights/neighbors thwarted these attempts.
>
> Neighbors stated that they had seen the Blue PB in the area. Betty
> has personally sent out 500 alert/warning post cards to the
Barneveld
> Horseman's Association. Again the truck is a blue Peterbilt with 24
> aluminum stock trailer. This is the same truck used in the western
> region mini-horse case. Betty has been in contact with the NYS
> Troopers.
>
> Betty has been in contact with another hack stable in Newport,
> Herkimer County that had two horses stolen and found them at the
> Indiana Horse Auction. Betty was told that the men were held in
> Indiana and released. At this point, we have been informed that it
is
> one white man and two black men. This case is being worked by
> Detective Mike Delleck 315-866-7275 for the Herkimer County Case.
>
> Please forward this alert to all your horse DL's and make folks
aware
> to be on the watch for this truck and to keep close tabs on horses
> pastured at night.
>
> If any of you have more information, kindly send it along.
>
> Diane Jones
> President, New York State Horse Council >>

  • [MSAR] Horse Theft Alert, pennbo, 09/04/2003