msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Night searches

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Deb8562@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Night searches
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:16:27 EDT

This company is called aurora lites. They make personal and K9 safety right now but I have good information that a horse prototype is in the making. They are expensive but our K9 team almost unanimously uses the dog collars. You cannot believe the light that these rugged dog collars put out. It is amazing. I also was informed that multiple dog collars can be attached together to use on horses. I also know from experience that this light does not mess up night vision in horses, dogs or people. Its a thought. Here is their website link.
http://www.auroralites.com/cgi-bin/store?aisle=personalsafety&cart_id=6978401_30438
I would of course welcome others input/opinions if anyone out there has any experience with this product.
Thanks
Debbie Dooley
Cen-Tex SAR Canine and Mounted