msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Searching at Night?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@bbv.net
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Searching at Night?
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:45:21 -0700

Great ideas and advice from everyone. One aspect that we have been
dealing with involves the type of terrain. We have discussed being
called at night, and have done some night searches, but for us the
biggest issue is safety. Some of the terrain we cover is tricky in full
daylight and downright foolhardy at night. So my only addition to the
comments previously would be to make sure you either know the call-out
area well or speak with someone who does.

Chris Pennington
Commander
Big Bear MSAR