msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Trail Access Vote

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@bbv.net
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Trail Access Vote
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 13:02:17 -0700

I questioned the same thing Una. I was told by the person who started
the heads up that the vote was actually TO ALLOW stock to use historical
trails in four Public Lands areas. I do not know the exact areas in
questions but a search online could probably pinpoint them. I thought
the survey could've been worded a bit clearer.

Along the same line- those interested in the Sierra Nevada's might want
to check out the new proposed changes to the 2001 forest changes-
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/snfpa/draft-seis/index.htm

Some of the alternatives being considered include restrictions on pack
and stock traffic. Unfortunately recreational riders are frequently
lumped in with those folk who are grazing stock on federal lands.

Chris