msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Rough riding in snow

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "philip easley" <easleyranch@foothill.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Rough riding in snow
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 18:19:52 -0700

I have still not caught up on all my e-mail and again am real late on talking about the snow.  In our county, there are deep snow drifts in the mountains in the spring and bare patches of mountains.  Snow cats and snow mobiles cannot always cross all of the country that has to be covered.  The horses can cross the snow drifts and the rocky country as well.
Philip Easley
Nevada County Sheriff's Department SAR Inc.