msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Non-mounted Ops questions

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: tm-fi <TFinkle@erols.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Non-mounted Ops questions
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 01:19:20 -0500

Chris, here in the State of Maryland any certified SARtech III or above can be asked to respond to a scene with or without a Mount. Most of the time it is with. Both K-9 and Mounted Teams were advised last year, by the Maryland State Task Force, that a reassignment could be requested and personnel need to be prepared to safely quarter their animals, should this occur. Bottom line means, any Certified NASAR SARTech III or higher, can be reassigned to a ground team or other ICS assignment (as needed) this depends on the each person's level of training and manpower needs of the situation. Because we have joint State wide training exercises and joint team mock searches, we are often faced with different challenges and situations. Most personnel (from totally different Teams ) now work very well together. Now when one or a few people get reassigned, it is no big thing. THis also proves that training and having certified SAR personnel is the key to success. I hope this the type of information is what you were looking for.

FYI: The NASAR, SARTech-III test can now be taken on line!!
Be well,
Tomi`

Ms Tomi Finkle, TROTSAR-2
Training Officer/Southern Division Director
TROT Search & Rescue Mounted Team