msar-riders - [MSAR] Re: new unit

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "klstokes" <klstokes@qwest.net>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Re: new unit
  • Date: Wed Oct 30 21:22:01 2002

Hi Sandra, We carry our gear in saddlebags. Of course, we
aren't in a wilderness area so we don't need to carry so
much. Testing the horses and riders is extremely
important. It doesn't do much good to search for anyone if
your are in danger from your horses. This is commonly
called a sensory test, or sensory training. If I can get
your address I can mail the Qualification test we use along
with a list of commonly used obstacles from units in my
area. I can also send other material that you may find
interesting, if not useful. Best of luck - I'm pulling for
you!
Kevin Stokes