microid - Re: [Microid] Perl Module for MicroID

microid AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Fred Stutzman <fred AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter AT jabber.org>
  • Cc: microid AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Microid] Perl Module for MicroID
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:17:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

Jim Walker wrote:
Hi all,

I've been updating a non-profit organization's website. I was looking
for a "standard" way to hash an author's ID + something, into the
articles they contribute. I remembered using MicroID, while checking out
ClaimID, a few months ago. Not able to find a Perl module on CPAN
(http://search.cpan.org/), I wrote one.

Identity on the inter is a growing problem and "open" solutions need to
be promoted. I like the idea of MicroID and the work you've done so far.
I found the JavaScript implementation, at microid.org, very handy for
validating my code. I think having tools like that available, even as an
example, is a great way to promote the use MicroID.

That said, I would like to help. I'm happy to contribute my code to your
website, submit it to CPAN, link to your website or whatever might help.
I haven't seen a logo for linking, am I correct?

Typically, Fred Stutzman posts contributed code (or links thereto). He's
on this list so I'm sure he'll reply.

That's correct. I will post from our blog, and add a link to the microid page.

Thank you!
Fred

Thanks for the effort,

No, thank you!