microid - [Microid] hash names

microid AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter AT jabber.org>
  • To: microid AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Microid] hash names
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 20:18:34 -0600

After discussions with Jeremie Miller and Fred Stutzman, we've decided
to submit the MicroID specification as a possible Informational RFC.

While preparing the specification for submission, I noticed that the
format we are using for hashing algorithm names (e.g., "sha1") is not
consistent with the names registered with the IANA (e.g., "sha-1"). The
relevant registry is located here:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/hash-function-text-names

Are there any objections to changing the algorithm names so that they
are consistent with the IANA registry?

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre