microid - Re: [Microid] Encode URLs?

microid AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "James Cridland" <james AT cridland.net>
  • To: "Fred Stutzman" <fred AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: microid AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Microid] Encode URLs?
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 14:32:03 +0100

As currently, it's just as simple as... if you're registered on Media UK (we're a bit fierce about registration, it's not the easiest thing in the world to get onto), then your profile page now has the correct microid held within it, for verification in services like claimid.com

We're quite fierce about proving you are who you say you are; we only allow registrations from private email services (like your employer's), and not from things like Gmail and Hotmail. If you're on Media UK as "John Doe", then we've done our best to check that you really *are* John Doe, not just someone pretending to be John Doe. This makes our microid hopefully quite useful.

For the above reason, we don't accept OpenID, and we're unlikely to for the forseeable future.

--
http://james.cridland.net/