microid - [Microid] MicroID WordPress Plugin

microid AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: eran AT yedda.com
  • To: microid AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Microid] MicroID WordPress Plugin
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 15:25:23 -0700

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to tell you all that I've created a very basic MicroID
WordPress plugin.
You can download it and check it out here:
http://eran.sandler.co.il/microid-wordpress-plugin/

The concept behind writing it is that not everyone that do have a blog really
wants to mess around with the template's HTML. In addition to that, if one
changes the template to another one, he/she will lose these changes and with
a plugin this will simply not happen.

It's very basic at the moment and requires the user to enter his/her Email
address. After that, the MicroID <link> HTML tag will be added to the main
page of the blog (its home page or root) only and is claimable afterwards
with claimID.

This is the first release and its very basic. It also means that I've created
a simple PHP function to generate MicroID (which I will post on the next
message).

I also wanted some feedback on a feature I was thinking about. If you are in
a community blog or a blog with multiple writers, would it make sense to
create the MicroID on each of the posts (not on the home page) with the Email
of each user?

Do you think someone will want such a feature?

I wonder if we can get the nice people at WordPress.com to use MicroID and
generate it for each blog (at least
on the home page of the blog) with the Email address used to open that blog's
account.

Anyhow, download, install and enjoy :-)

Eran

  • [Microid] MicroID WordPress Plugin, eran, 01/06/2007