microid - Re: [Microid] microid scope

microid AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Fred Stutzman <fred AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter AT jabber.org>
  • Cc: microid AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Microid] microid scope
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 12:58:02 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

Ah, to top-post or to bottom-post, that is the question! :-)

Ugh for real ;)

Well, it does get tricky. What if we have this?

<head>
</head>
<h1>The Foo Page!</h1>
<h2>The Bar Area!</h2>

Confusing, eh?

So the relevant claim is always that of the nearest containing element in the hierarchy.

Yes - that makes sense. And I mean....we could say that the whole page container could go in html, though I'm sure that would break all sorts of validation. So maybe can position the meta whole page claim as a "middle ground" exception. AFAIK it is really the only exception we need to make.

Peter

Thanks,
Fred