market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market Farming

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Karen Sutherland <karen AT rootsfarm.info>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market Farming
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 17:02:34 -0400

Just realized that I used wrong email address and my post didn't get through so here it is again.

On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 5:12 PM karen sutherland <rootsfarm AT protoscape.com> wrote:
Still trying in Dominica after 2017 Hurricane Maria destroyed our farm and most of the rest of the island infrastructure and economy, followed by  COVID induced changes in market patterns (folks preferring the new supermarkets that replaced those destroyed by same hurricane which sell  imported U.S. great looking but insipid produce that they can sell more cheaply than local produce).  We're still in process of getting back to where we were pre storm and still heading weekly to open air market to try to reap enough short term cash flow to cover expenses and stretch a little toward long term building back.

I miss the list too.

Best wishes to all,

Karen Sutherland