market-farming - [Market-farming] Light Needs of Various Plants

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Kraft Marty <martyk AT allspecies.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Light Needs of Various Plants
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 20:45:01 -0500

Our garden has a row of trees to the west. Our beds run parallel to the
trees. We are planting lettuce closest to the trees, then collards then
cabbage then broccoli assuming that the amount of light they get in this
order matches each plant’s need best. Is this true? I’m hoping for knowledge
coming from science or experience.

Thanks
Marty