market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Asparabest asparagus

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: GarlicGrower <garlicgrower AT green-logic.com>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Asparabest asparagus
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 16:27:12 -0400

Hi, Mike (and everyone else)

I haven't done this variety and when I did my 1/2 acre of Jersey Knight and
Purple Passion in 2013, I did trenches, too. But your listed method should
work.

I started 200 Precoce D'Argenteuil Asparagus in January and they are taking
over my guest room. Should I really wait until after frost to plant them?
Sure could use the space under the lights for other plants BUT I've invested
this much time in them, so if they need to wait, we'll wait.

Dorene

Dorene Pasekoff
Hill Creek Farm
75 Creamery Road