market-farming - [Market-farming] Asparabest asparagus

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mike Rock <mikerock AT mhtc.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Asparabest asparagus
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 14:14:00 -0500

Has anyone got any experience with this variety? Planting in holes augered 18" deep, filled with rotting pig manure/bedding pack, two inches of soil, then the plant, then some soil. As per instructions, the head of the crown is set 6" below soil line and will be filled over the course of the summer.
Any problems evident?
Last time I planted a bed was in 1990, a thousand plants, in trenches. I was younger then!! That bed is wearing out so am planting a new one and trying this variety.

---