market-farming - [Market-farming] year round growing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Carol Thomas <eglatyne AT tds.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] year round growing
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 19:32:50 -0400 (EDT)

This is the first year for me to grow the entire year except for 3 weeks at
Christmas time. We have Meslan mix and have been selling out at every market
I grow in unheated greenhouses, double layer plastic, and right now we are
taking to the market: carrots, beets, kohlrabi, salad mix, zucchini, the only
thing we don't have is the really hot weather crops. I think the secret is
connected to the time of your fall planting. It can carry you through until
May, and by then everything you planted in Feb/Mar is ready. But it can be
done. Carol Thomas, Sweet Briar, SW Washington

  • [Market-farming] year round growing, Carol Thomas, 05/10/2015