market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bags for salad green

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bags for salad green
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 14:37:42 -0400

On Apr 8, 2015, at 2:08 PM, Carol Thomas wrote:

I have gone to cellophane bags because the greens can breath in them much better. They are more expensive, but the greens can last in the frig for up to 2 weeks. Paksel in Portland, OR sells them and I get the gusset bags in 2 sizes: 1/2 pound and pound. They will also ship them.Carol Thomas, Sweet Briar herb farm

One thing about cellophane bags is that I've noticed that if they've been put in the freezer they will break when you take them out.

Of course, that's not generally an issue with greens.