market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bulk items for selling produce at a market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bulk items for selling produce at a market
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 12:06:45 -0400

Dorene, you're in PA? Are you near a produce auction?

I don't know about the ones in PA; but the produce auction near Penn Yan sells boxes and bags. They don't ship, as far as I know; but I'm close enough to pick up, which saves me shipping charges. And they'll sell smaller quantities.

E&R Seed also carries some packing items and will sell smaller quantities -- they will ship. If you hate packing peanuts, be sure to tell them so, as otherwise everything will arrive drowning in them.