market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Post-harvest asparagus storage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: GarlicGrower <garlicgrower AT green-logic.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Post-harvest asparagus storage
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 12:34:36 -0500

Hi, Richard!

Sorry for the delay – life happens, even in the off-season! ;-)

Here are some of the extension websites I’ve been reading:

http://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/commercial/commercial-postharvest-handling-of-fresh-market-asparagus/

http://www.ba.ars.usda.gov/hb66/asparagus.pdf

http://vegetablemdonline.ppath.cornell.edu/factsheets/AsparagusInfo.htm

http://farmtotable.colostate.edu/grow-files/precooling-crops.php#.VK1t0bU5DDc

North Carolina has some excellent overviews on the different types of cooling available for all produce.

Dorene