market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Figuring out a delivery fee

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Figuring out a delivery fee
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 19:43:13 -0400

We do not charge.  We group together clients and have two primary delivery days:  Monday and Thursday. THis way we group everyone together.  We drop of a single one pound order of micros at a tiny vegan place and then a large order at a national hotel chain.  On Thursday we make a minimum of six drops and sometimes as many as 15.

If you want a delivery on other days we simply set a minimum purchase amount.  Example:  100.00 within 10 miles.  140.00 between 10 and 15 and so on.

We have found that we are not competing against other farmers.  We are all competing against Sysco and U.S. Foods.  Make it simple for your client.  Do not charge a delivery fee.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855