market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] time budget info for various field crops?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] time budget info for various field crops?
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 17:40:40 -0500

Some adventurous person might want to consider using a digital voice recorder
in the field, feeding into a spread sheet via Dragon. I'd think once it
learns your voice, you could get very high accuracy for field dictation for
the relatively few words (cucumber, pound, etc) that would be needed. If
dictated in the same order each time, with appropriate voice commands (next
cell, etc) you could probably fill in a detailed spreadsheet entirely from
the voice recorder. Unlike computers, digital recorders are pretty tough, and
would likely survive very well in a dirty pocket. And they fit in the dirty
pocket.

Richard Robinson
www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/
Hopestill Farm