market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Garbanzo beans to repel deer?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mike Brabo <mdbrabo AT att.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Garbanzo beans to repel deer?
  • Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 19:09:36 -0600

I had a DNR officer come out and verify crop damage by deer. That was the easy part. Our county in the Mississippi River bluffs has one of the highest deer population & hunting harvests in the state.
He explained that the does train their offspring where the food plots are located. Our 7-10ac of organic veggies were marked as a BIG food plot.
DNR officer then gave us a nuisance permit to shoot 10 does. We could hunt at night using spot lights.
Only have had to shoot one!   They're now staying away knowing they're not safe even after dark.
Call your local DNR officer.

Regards,
   Mike
   Vesterbrook Farm