market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Advice on selling more eggs, when only one doz displayed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Kakerby <kakerby AT aol.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Advice on selling more eggs, when only one doz displayed
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 08:50:10 -0400 (EDT)

Richard, this might take some "creative engineering", but is there a way you could get a small display cooler, and fab a top cover for the cooler out of clear plexiglass?  That way, they'll be IN the cooler, but still visible to the customer.  Perhaps a small tabletop cooler to show customers that there's actually "more where that came from", but then the main cooler on the ground, to keep the tabletop cooler stocked.  If they can see there are more eggs, that might help.

If not that, then perhaps surround the lonely display carton with images of other egg cartons?  Or even stack up egg cartons with plastic eggs underneath the display sample?  Anything to create that image of abundance and surplus.

Let us know what you end up trying, and if it works.  I'm sure you're not the only one facing that issue.
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA