market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Flea beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Owsley <boulderbelt AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Flea beetles
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 06:29:26 -0400

I put water filled bottles covered with Tanglefoot placed every 3' to 4' under row covers. This gives 100% protection in under 24 hours. It works because during the day the water bottles heat up and when the sun sets the FB's are attracted to the heat and jump onto the sticky stuff and die. I use discarded 12 to 16 oz water /pop bottles but anything that can hold water and be capped will work. Color does not seem to be much of a factor.

--
Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Eco-Farm