market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Sustainable Agriculture Tool Lending Library

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sean Albiston" <lab AT physics.umn.edu>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Sustainable Agriculture Tool Lending Library
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 12:44:59 -0500

Chuck - I've previously read information out of ATTRA involving tool
sharing, they might be a good contact.

Also, the following link might have some contacts:

http://nebeginningfarmers.org/2012/12/23/5-resources/#5.8%20Resources%20&%20Tools%20for%20Farmers

(below is a selected cut and paste from the above link)
5.8 Resources & Tools for Farmers
...Sustainable Agriculture Tool Lending Library Ten small farmers (Lil’
Farm, and Bluebird Meadows Farm) in North Carolina have cooperated to
establish a Sustainable Agriculture Tool Lending Library. They put up
money to purchase tools that no single farm needed on a daily or weekly
basis, and created a place for people to share them...

Another article related to the above:
http://www.youngfarmers.org/farm-hack/2011/04/12/farmhack-sustainable-agriculture-tool-lending-library/

sean
Stillwater, MN

> Hello,
> I am no longer farming, but I have a farm fully of tools and equipment.
> am interested in starting a  Sustainable Agriculture Tool Lending
Library.
> 30 years ago when I started with a hoe and a tiller it would have been
nice to have access to other hand and tractor equipment. Does anyone have