market-farming - [Market-farming] Feeding Ladybugs?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: David Paysnick <davepays AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Feeding Ladybugs?
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 16:36:32 -0400

Just got some ladybugs in to deal with the aphids in my greenhouse but I'm afraid there aren't enough aphids to sustain the ladybugs in the short term.  (Good problem to have maybe).  I don't want to buy beneficial insect food and wondering if anyone uses a home made food to keep the ladybugs around.  Honey maybe?  I'm afraid sugar water might not be the healthiest for them but I've heard some use it.  I plan to release them tonight, any thoughts?
Thanks,

--
David Paysnick
Rainbow Harvest Farms

  • [Market-farming] Feeding Ladybugs?, David Paysnick, 03/27/2013