market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Winstrip Trays

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Etienne Goyer <etienne AT lejardinduvillage.ca>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Winstrip Trays
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:48:35 -0400

Surely Scott Arrington will chime in regarding Winstrip. He organize
bulk order of Winstrip trays on a yearly basis. I will forward you his
last email on the subject.

Not quite the same, but somewhat similar, there's also Proptek who
manufacture rigid plastic trays. They do not sell retail, but if you
contact them, they might be able to put you in touch with a sales rep in
you area:

http://www.proptek.com/pages/home/index.php

I own a few of their trays, and I think they are absolutely great. Very
solid construction indeed. However, there is one major drawback of
rigid plastic trays: they do not nest, so they take up *a lot* of space
in storage. If you have only a couple trays, it's ok, but you need a
couple hundreds, it does add up quickly. Make sure to take that into
consideration before you order a pallet.

That being said, I would absolutely love to try Winstrip myself.
Shipping from Scott's bulk order is unfortunately prohibitive for me,
but if anyone in my area (Québec and Atlantic Canada) has any for sale,
please contact me. I would be a taker.

Cheers,

Etienne