market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Shade Cloth for Wind Protection

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mark Weinheimer <mrw601 AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Shade Cloth for Wind Protection
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 13:27:53 -0500

When I was a boy we lived for a year in southern France, where fields were protected from the winds of the Mistral and Tramontane, that blew for months on end, with fences made of bamboo, about 6' tall.  When I visited in the 90's they had been replaced with fabric fences.
Here is a link:
http://www.diatex.com/-WIND-BREAKS-.html
And a US supplier:
http://www.usgr.com/net-fabrics/wind-break.php