market-farming - [Market-farming] Shade Cloth for Wind Protection

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: TxBeeFarmer <txbeefarmer AT gmail.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Shade Cloth for Wind Protection
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 09:23:24 -0600

I live in West Texas, where the wind won’t let me plant until mid-May.  The little plants are just sandblasted to death!  I want to build a hoop house covered with shade cloth to protect against the wind.  Does anyone know where I can get shade cloth that will let most of the sun through?  The idea is to allow a little wind through, but block it enough to protect the plants.

Thanks for your help.

Mark