market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] losing insurance coverage????

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Kakerby <kakerby AT aol.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] losing insurance coverage????
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 19:46:56 -0500 (EST)

We have the house right on the main farm property, where some of our production occurs and all our animals live in winter.  During the summer, we rotate animals onto a leased pasture, and we lease a hayfield next to that pasture.  So while some production occurs away from the home, enough occurs immediately adjacent to the home that our original State Farm policy, which covered just the home, dropped us in 2010 because the home was integrally involved with the farm.  As for business setup, it's an LLC.
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA