market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] I need the perfect spinach planter

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <artisanfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] I need the perfect spinach planter
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 20:12:32 -0500

The Jang will do a good job for you.  I never had good luck with consistent singulation with the Earthway.   If you have a greenhouse and are growing a lot of spinach, I'd look into a paperpot transplanter.  I've been using the paperpot transplanter with spinach for three years now and figure that between eliminating one cultivation and the fact that I can get one more crop in per season it more profitable for me to transplant than to direct seed.

Andy